I thought for laughs, who would I vote for Mayor of San Francisco? No, I'm not picking some person off the ballot, I would do a write-in. Here's my choices:
- Tony Bennett. Who else but the man who sings "I Left My Heart in San Francisco?"
- Brian Wilson. The beard can kick ass any day.
- R. Lee Erney. The sarge can scream and make life a living hell for those who pisses him off.
- SF's World Famous Bushman. He'd scare the crap out of the BOS.
- Frank Chu. He doesn't have to say a word; he just flashes his sign and people understand.
- Any person from that TV show "Extreme Couponing." We can save millions on city toilet paper and motor oil for Muni buses with just a bunch of coupons.
- Stone Cold Steve Austin (pro wrestling). Drinking on the job, doesn't play nice with the press, and does stunners on the Board of Supervisors.
- Michael Tilson Thomas, SF Symphony. He can bring his symphony with him to press meetings and play dramatic music when he says there's a budget problem, and soothing music to calm the public.
- The Cast of Wicked. Glinda and Elphaba doesn't need to rely on gasoline or city owned cars, they can save tons by riding on a bubble or broomstick. They could also cast a spell on Muni to run on-time and under budget.
- Dirty Harry. Okay, it's a movie character, but we need a guy who can run this city with a "I don't give a shit" attitude.
- Emperor Norton. He might be dead, but fining people for calling SF "Frisco" is respect in my books.
What's your suggestions? Leave it in the comments.