Being a native San Franciscan has its perks, you always know the fastest way on Muni and alternate routes to get to where you need to go, you know the restaurants that are good and pure crap, and you have a bullshit alarm. I'm quite an observant person and that bullshit alarm goes off a ton of times for people doing some stupid crap on the streets of my city; so I want to highlight them:
(5) Bad bicycle riders - There are some good bicycle riders, then there are the ones who deserve to get hit by a car. On Saturday, I was waiting my turn to cross the street directly across from the Exploratorium at Pier 15 and I see two bicyclists decide to go through the intersection while an incoming car was approaching and had the green light to proceed through the intersection. If it wasn't for the actions of the driver to slam his brakes, swerve, and blow the horn, the two helmet-less bicyclists would have been likely dead. Just yesterday, I can't believe how many people blow the stop signs on the bike route known as "the wiggle."
(6) Illegal U-Turns - Ever since I moved into the Inner Sunset district, I'm not too far away from the 9th Avenue business district. I see tons of drivers making u-turns in the middle of the block, and most of the time, do it unsuccessfully in the first attempt. It turns up to be more like a nine point turn. But as you see in the video, making a u-turn in a business district is a traffic violation, and especially since 9th Avenue has metro rail tracks, those who u-turn might as well be lucky a train hasn't slammed into their car, because in the battle of Muni metro versus a car, Muni metro wins with a flawless victory.
(7) Bad neighbors - I hate my next door neighbors because they don't shut the hell up. They like to talk loud with their window open at 3AM. One night, the idiots decided to crank the music so loud, I can feel my walls vibrate. At least when I yelled at them that I would threaten to call the cops, that's when they stopped.
(8) Stopping at intersections - Driving my car is stressful, especially when approaching an intersection. I always follow the rules, such as stopping completely before the limit line, and at an all-way stop, making sure to go when it's supposed to be my turn. But you always see those who pull a "California stop" by only slowing down at the limit line, but then hits the gas and goes through. There's also those who go out-of-turn at the all-way stop intersections, which frustrates me because they know the basic rule: First come, first served, and if two vehicles stops at the same time, the right vehicle goes first.
(9) Last minute lane changes - Another instance of why I hate driving. People try to make a last second lane change because they don't want to be in the turn lane they are in. Here's a bad one I was nearly a victim of: Three lanes, a Muni bus in the far left lane, and I'm in the middle lane. At the green light, the Muni bus speeds forward to cut me off and cut from the #1 lane to the #3 lane to reach the curb for the bus stop. Not cool.
(10) - I'm leaving this one blank for you, my blog fans. What would you suggest for number ten? Leave a comment.