What is a "White Elephant?" Well, it's basically a gift exchange, but instead of buying something new, you give away something that you own and don't need anymore. This is especially good for folks who have a lot of old (but useful) junk.
Here's the rules I play:
- Each person brings one wrapped gift to the party.
- Depending on the number of participants, a person will write digits on slips of paper.
- Every person draws a number out of the jar.
- The lowest number (number one) goes first to pick a gift and opens it.
- The second lowest number can "steal" number one's gift or open a new one. If person one's gift is stolen, the person can open a new gift.
- Continue following the pattern until everyone goes around once. The limit for steals PER GIFT is two. Once the gift is stolen the second time, that's theirs to keep.
It's a fun laugh riot full of mysterious surprises. Bring your camera to take photos of shocked reactions. Some people can also put a mysterious theme on their gift box, such as the "Mayor Gavin Newsom mystery box."
Happy holidays everyone!
My big holiday gift is coming soon... my Master's degree! I submitted my thesis on Monday.
Post a Comment