Why am I in such a great mood? It's the time for Japantown to show its best to everyone. From cultural performances, live bands, homemade arts and crafts, and amazing food supporting great community organizations.
Likewise, I wish I could title this posting: "Meet Akit at the Cherry Blossom Festival" because I'm the guy for over 10 years at every J-Town festival holding the Teriburger sign, but I can't be there this year. For the past month, I've been suffering through three different foot injuries (two to my right and one to my left), and it's too risky to be standing for up to 10 hours per day. It's a sad moment for me, but I know the world won't collapse because I can't be volunteering.
On the brighter end, I hope you can drop by to Japantown for the festival. As always, you'll try such amazing food from all kinds of great Japantown community organizations, and you'll know that every dollar you contribute goes to great causes, because that's the spirit of our community festivals.
I know there's so much going on around the city this weekend (Sunday Streets, baseball, etc.), make sure to drop by J-Town for a little bit of fun too!
For tips on a great time at the festival, read this previous entry from my blog.
- First weekend: April 10 and 11.
- Second weekend: April 17 and 18.
- Operating hours: Approximately 10:30AM to 5PM (sometimes 6PM).
- Main festival areas: Post St. between Laguna and Fillmore, Webster between Geary and Sutter.
- Parade on Sunday, April 18th from Civic Center to Japantown. Starts around 1PM.
- More information: http://www.nccbf.org/
Post a Comment