Here's all the routes we took:
- Starting at Ferry Building, took the F-Market to the California Cable Car stop.
- Transferred to the 21-Hayes.
- Exited the next stop and boarded the next outbound train at Embarcadero.
- Exited at Powell Street (hoping to mess with a fare inspector), and transferred to the 5-Fulton.
- Exited in the Tenderloin and walked to Geary Boulevard to transfer to the 38-Geary.
- Exited the sardine packed 38-Geary at Van Ness to transfer to the 49-Van Ness/Mission.
- Exited at Market street and boarded the next outbound train at Van Ness station.
- Exited at Castro station and had a nice lunch at Orphan Andy's.
We did not receive any curious questions by onlookers, and the bus drivers didn't mind that several people tagged their card in less than 10 seconds. The only person who I felt was asking themselves: "what the hell?" was the station agent at Van Ness Station.
Want to view the Translink party photos? See below:
Here's the video I spent a good hour editing and putting together (it looks great in high quality!) and that video is also posted on the top of this blog entry:
I've been told we will expect some local media coverage from SF Appeal soon.
Dang, that was one fun few hours! You see Muni and Translink? The program is fully ready for roll-out now! Not next year, not six months, it's time to get the ball rolling and the photos and video are proof! Now, what will Muni's PR guy, Judson True, say now?