- "We still use plastic bags and styrofoam boxes."
- "Lower sales tax rate and we've got TARGET!"
Can I just say, I really hate the way our city operates. We now have this new law that if we don't sort our trash correctly, we will get fined. What the hell is this bullshit? Why does this city need to be some kind of "nanny state?"
Sure, I'm proud this city has the highest recycling rate in the country as it sets a good example for other cities and towns to do the same, but now making it a law to tell people to do it or be fined with $100 fines is total crap.
So like... what's the standard to get a damn citation?
- Finding one piece of paper in a garbage bin full of legitimate trash in the black bin?
- Finding a non-greasy pizza box in the compost bin?
- Finding a plastic fork in the garbage bin?
Isn't torturing us citizens with the ban on styrofoam and plastic bags at the grocery store enough? Sheesh.