It's always every four years we hear about this. Four years ago, it was headline news with big news articles telling you what you should do. Here we go again...
If BART strikes and doesn't resolve their problems by July 3rd, they'll piss-off more than just the regular commuters, but also the thousands of passengers who will be going to the Giants/Padres series at AT&T Park (it's fireworks night on that Friday).
Also, during a BART strike, all public transit vehicles that serves BART stations will not be allowed to enter the property, so alternate bus stops will be used.
Alternatives to BART during a strike, or you passengers just want to stick your middle finger at management even if they don't go on strike:
East Bay: Your commute is going to really suck since the Bay Bridge is a nightmare.
- AC Transit Transbay service. But you'll get stuck on the bridge.
- Oakland/Alameda and Harbor Bay Ferries to the Ferry Building.
- Golden Gate Transit at El Cerrito Del Norte and Richmond BART. Then transfer to a SF bound bus, or gamble on a space on the Larkspur ferry.
- Casual carpool. Yep, stuck in traffic too.
San Mateo County: Well, nobody gives a damn about BART in that area since there's such low ridership.
- Caltrain (DUH!)
- Samtrans express buses to Transbay Terminal.
San Francisco: Tack on an extra hour on your journey.
- Muni (Cough! Vomit! Puke!)
Post a Comment